September 16, 2013

Bikejoring ~ Mountain Bay Trail... again (112 points)

This trail is getting kind of old, and soon we'll be driving a little further to start running a different piece, but the fact is that I'm still awfully afraid of the dark and running through the woods with nothing but a AA battery LED flashlight so I kinda like being at least on a familiar trail.

"Are we gonna go, or what?"


A still grabbed from a video I took on the trail.  I swear one of these times I'm going to kill myself, I just wanted to show how dark it is on the trail.
 
We did another 6 miles today.  Same route - trail head to the 3 mile marker.


I figured since we got going a little late and that sun was actually trying to come out we would try to do a self portrait.  It... wasn't great.  The actual 3 mile post is down off the raised trail and trying to get me, Mendel, and the post in a picture is just plain not happening (especially since my front facing camera on my phone does not have a flash)... I gave up.





Selfie in the parking lot after loading up the bike and having some water.




WORKING SAMOYED CERTIFICATION EXCURSION RECORD
Type of excursion: bikejor
Date of Excursion September 16, 2013 
Dog's name: Mendel ~ ArticCross N Double Helix's Mendelian Masterpiece
Owner's name: Amanda VerBruggen and Julie Dunkle
Description of trail: Crushed limestone, State Rail Trail
Distance traveled: 6 miles
Destination: 3 mile marker
Number of dogs in team:  1
Points: 6 x 15 = 90 points x 1.25 (lead position) = 112.5 points for this excursions
Map

No comments:

Post a Comment